Classification: Indo-European – Germanic – West Germanic – High-German – German – Middle-German – Western – Franconio-Rhin – Limburgish
Number of speakers: 1,300,000 (Ethnologue)
Countries where it is spoken: Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- Northern Limburgish (Germany)
- Eastern Limburgish (Belgium and Germany)
- Central Limburgish (Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands)
- Southeastern Limburgish (Belgium and Germany)
- Western Limburgish (Belgium and the Netherlands)
Alle minsje wère vrieë geboare en zint geliek in woardigheit en rechte. Ze hubbe redenére en bewustzieën gekrieëge en moete zich onget mekaar gedrage in unne geis van brooërsjap.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
- The Little Prince (Fragment) (Kölsch-Dä kleine Prinz) (Northern Limburgish-‘t Prinske) (Southern Limburgish-D’r klinge Prins)
Wikitongues Video Sample: